To honor and celebrate the lives of Nebraska EMS personnel who have passed away.
NEMSA Memorial Guidelines
The NEMSA Memorial Committee, upon notification, will send a card and/or memorial to the family or department after receiving knowledge of the death of a Public Safety Professional:
- A NEMSA Memorial Card will be sent to any fire or rescue person that lost their life off duty.
- A NEMSA Memorial Card and $10.00 Memorial will be sent to any present NEMSA Members Immediate Family Member that lost their life.
- A NEMSA Memorial Card and $25.00 Memorial will be sent to any present NEMSA Member that lost their life not on duty.
- A NEMSA Memorial Card and $100.00 Memorial will be sent to any Line of Duty Death (LODD) in the state of Nebraska regardless of NEMSA Membership.
- A NEMSA Memorial Card, $50.00 Memorial, and plant/flowers will be sent for the death of a NEMSA Board Member, Past NEMSA Board Member, NEMSA NIS Board Member, Past NEMSA NIS Board Member, or Immediate Family Member of a NEMSA Board Member, NEMSA NIS Board Member, Past NEMSA Board Member or Past NEMSA NIS Board Member.
If you or your service knows of any such loss, please contact Karolyn McElroy and provide the mailing address.
NEMSA Memorial Booth and NEMSA Memorial Wall
The NEMSA Memorial Booth and NEMSA Memorial Wall containing the names of those honored during our Memorial Services will be present at the January and March NEMSA Conferences as well as the Statewide EMS Conference. The wall may be put up at the NSVFA Fire School if one of the committee members is available to be there. You can also check out our online memorial wall!
NEMSA Memorial Services
NEMSA Memorial Committee will hold a candlelight service at Winter and Spring Conference. A memorial candle will be lit to recognize a member of a rescue service, public safety group, and others who you feel have made a contribution to EMS in your community. Fill out the information on the form at the NEMSA booth if you would like to recognize someone that has not been previously recognized, or has been previously recognized. A person may be recognized more than once.
Table of Honor Service
NEMSA Memorial Committee will hold and conduct the Table of Honor Ceremony at a Conference if asked by the Conference Committee or the BOD. The Table of Honor Ceremony will consist of but not limited to 4 escorts, 1 candle barer, 1or 2 trumpeter(s), 1 or more bagpiper(s), and 1 narrator. The Table of Honor will be set by the diagram which includes: 1 round table, 1 white table cloth, 4 black dinner plates, 4 black dessert plates, 4 black napkins, 4 stem wine glasses, 4 salt shakers, 4 lemon wedges, 1 American Flag folded in a triangle, 1 red rose in a vase, and 1 candle.
To submit your loved one's name, you can fill out our online memorial form or download a PDF version of the memorial form.
Julie Mertens: firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 351-8977
Karolyn McElroy: email@example.com or (402) 687-2350
Pam Stapleman: firstname.lastname@example.org or (308) 214-0245
NEMSA Chaplain- Collin Warren: email@example.com or (402) 870-1646